scoilneasain.ie YouTube Picasa n1 n2 r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 Inis Oírr r6

Wednesday 6 October 2021

The broken glasses

 The broken glasses


Today is my birthday so when I woke up there were presents at the end of my bed.  I tore the first one open, eager to know what it concealed.  Inside were pink sunglasses. Disappointed, I tossed it into the corner and proceeded to open the rest of my gifts.

After I looked at all my presents, I picked up the glasses and went outside to test them.  I stared at the glasses. They had pink lenses as well. 

I put them on.   I took them off to run back inside, when I dropped them.  The lenses were cracked.  What was my grandmother going to say? I put them in my pocket and scurried back into the house.  Granny was in the kitchen, peeling potatoes. I went to find Uncle Ranboo because I was sure he’d know what to do.  I told him what happened, and he said, “don’t worry, I’ll fix it.”  I gave him the glasses.  Later, granny was calling me to the kitchen.  Uncle Ranboo handed me the glasses. They were fixed.  “Thanks!”, I said 


Sinéad Brabazon





No comments:

Post a Comment