scoilneasain.ie YouTube Picasa n1 n2 r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 Inis Oírr r6

Friday 28 January 2022

The Drought

 The Drought

There hasn't been a drop of rain in months. The government has started storing certain foods in special bunkers made to look like a ordinary shed, and can all be opened using one master key that is always on surveillance. 

"So when I found the key in the park, of course I was curious.

When the door opened for me, I went completely mental, I couldn't tell anyone. It was terrible. I'd be surrounded by death and sickness, and then I would be having a whole feast to myself.

Everyone would always be asking me 

'How are you not sick?'

 I didn't want to answer. And now I'm here."

"Do you understand how serious this offence is? Your going to jail."


Finn

1 comment:

  1. Hello Finn,
    Your entry for Week #18 gives me the shivers as well as wanting to read more! The one bit of confusion I had was your use of quotation marks in different places in the piece. I was unsure if there were multiple people talking. Keep writing!
    Francine (Team 100)
    Twin Cities, Minnesota USA

    ReplyDelete